News about JAMFEST at Marsh Lake! We present…our amazing instructors!!!
- Guitarist, teacher and vocalist Brenda Lee Katerenchuk will be teaching beginning and intermediate classes on guitar (www.brendaleemusic.com)
- Well-known piano teacher Roslyn Wilson is stepping out and sharing another of her many skills as our mandolin instructor.
- It’s a jam weekend and we have a big book of tunes to help you join in. Steve Slade starts you off on Friday to help you understand how to jam.
- Take your djembe off the shelf! Brigitte Desjardins will get you going on all types of percussion – from traditional French spoons to a shaker to your camp kettle.
- Bought a ukulele? Bring it along and Steve Slade will help get you started and/or develop as a player.
- Want to sing harmony to a song, but just can’t get that first note? Barbara Chamberlin will help you hear and sing harmonies.
JAMFEST is a music retreat presented by Yukon Women in Music in conjunction with Cosco Yukon Outfitting Ltd. It takes place in Marsh Lake’s OldConstabulary subdivision from Friday evening, June 1st until 1:00 pm on Sunday, June 3rd.
The retreat is limited to 20 participants…and registration is on a first-come first-served basis, so be sure to register soon! All genders are welcome.
Cost: $150 for YWIM members; $160 for non-members. Not a member of YWIM? Go to ywim.ca and become one!
Snacks will be provided throughout the weekend, with meals provided Saturday and Sunday. Bring your own tent, trailer or RV… there will be camping spots available onsite, all included in the cost, as well as a few beds available in the home onsite, and the opportunity to “camp out” in the basement.
Please email email@example.com to find how many spaces are remaining, and with any questions before paying! You can sign up by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (remember to send your security answer in a separate email…you aren’t registered until this is done). If you prefer using Paypal, you can sign up on our website at: Products and Services
Thanks and hope to jam with you this June! - Barbara, Project Manager, & the YWIM Board